- 1 celeriac peeled and cut into chunks
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1 leek sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 spring of thyme
- 160 g smoked bacon, diced
- 1 potato peeled and roughly chopped
- 1.25 l chicken stock
- 200 ml cream
- salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently cook the celeriac, onion, leek, garlic and thyme with the saucepan lid on.
- Add the smoked bacon and potato stir and continue cooking for another 5- 7 minutes until all the ingredients begin to soften.
- Next add the chicken stock and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Add the cream and blend in a food processor until the soup is smooth.
- Pass through a fine sieve and season to taste.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say