- 4 fillet steaks (approximately 8oz/225g each)
- 4 shallots (finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 tblsp brandy
- 110 ml cream
- 75 ml beef stock
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tblsp worcestershire sauce
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Heat a pan until smoking hot. Brush with a little oil.
- Place the medallions of beef on the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes each side-depending on how you like your beef cooked.
- Remove the beef from the pan when it is sealed on both sides. Transfer to a warm plate.
- Place another little drizzle of oil or butter on the pan and fry off shallots and garlic until almost fully cooked.
- Add in the brandy and allow it to ignite.
- Carefully whisk in the mustard, stock and cream at this stage and allow the mixture to come to the boil.
- Add an additional seasoning and use the Worcestershire sauce at this stage to add an additional kick to the sauce. Mix in the parsley at the final stage.
- Transfer the beef to a serving platter and pour the sauce over the top.
- Serve with sauté potatoes and crisp green vegetables.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say