- 3 whole dorade or sea bream (gutted)
- bunch of mixed herbs including dill, flat leaf parsley and coriander
- 2 kg coarse salt
- 1 egg white
- 500 g fresh spinach (trimmed)
- 1 dessertspoon water
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 230°C/Gas 6.
- Place the salt in a large bowl and add the egg white, stir thoroughly until the mixture is liquid and line a baking dish with the salt. Place the fishes on top with a small gap between them. Then cover each fish completely with the salt making sure that none gets inside the fish. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- To cook the spinach, place in a pot with the water, season well and wilt over a medium heat, remove the moisture and serve with fish fillets.
- To serve the fish: Use a blunt kitchen object to break the salt, then remove the salt from around the fish. Remove the hard crust from the fish carefully, taking the skin with it.
- Remove the two top fillets with a flat knife, then take out the backbone of the fish carefully and remove the other fillets.