- 6 large fresh free range eggs
- 80 g butter
- 6 slices parma ham cut into thin strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tblsp cream
- 2 pint hot water
- 6 slices wheaten break
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/Gas 4.
- Lightly butter six 3-inch ramekins and line the bottom with the strips of Parma ham. Break an egg into each ramekin and season well. Place a tablespoon of cream on top.
- Place the ramekins in a deep baking tray and pour enough boiling water into tray to reach half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the eggs on the centre shelf of the pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes if you would like your eggs to be soft and runny, or 18 minutes if you would like them more set.
- Serve immediately with buttered wheaten bread.