- 350 g medium cornmeal/course maize
- 160 g plain flour
- 2 red chillies and 4 thumb slices of ginger (diced and lightly sautéed in a little oil)
- 2 tblsp parmesan cheese
- 1 red pepper (roast and chopped)
- 2 tblsp (or 3) of soft goats or light cream cheese
- 7-8 fresh basil leaves (torn)
- 1.50 tsp bread soda
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 whole eggs
- 300 ml buttermilk
- In a pan sauté the ginger and chilli in a little oil until soft. Add the sautéed ginger and chilli to the polenta, flour, bread soda, parmesan, basil, red pepper and black pepper.
- Mix well. Add the beaten eggs. Now mix in the butter milk in to achieve a slightly wet bread mix. Fold through the goats cheese though until just mixed , do not over mix.
- Place in a lined or well oiled tin and bake for 50 minutes in the tin. Remove and place on a rack to cool in the tin. After 15 minutes the bread is set and safe to remove from the tin.
- Slice and serve as a savoury bread as desired. Its important not to over mix the cheese into the wet mix, we want to leave nice pieces of cheese for flavour, texture and presentation.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say