- 8 fillets of sole (allow 2 per person)
- sea salt and black pepper
- 50 g butter
- 4 shallots (finely chopped)
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 225 g seedless white muscatel grapes
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tblsp thick cream
- more grapes for garnish
- Salt and pepper the fillets and roll them up. Melt the butter in a casserole where the fillets will fit snugly and fry the shallots, for a moment or two.
- Reserve 85ml of the wine and pour the rest over the shallots. Take the pan away from the heat and fit the fish in. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (400°F, Gas 6) for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the grapes in the reserved wine and let them simmer for a minute.
- Take the dish from the oven and pour the sauce into the pan with the grapes.
- Beat the egg yolks together in a bowl and add a little of the sauce to them, mixing well, to the pan and let the sauce thicken without boiling and then add the cream, taste and check for seasoning.
- Carefully take out the fillets of sole from the casserole and arrange on a platter, pour the sauce around them.
- Decorate with more grapes by slicing them in half and arranging them on top of the fillets.