Serve with baby spinach salad and crusty bread.
- 3 potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- enough thinly sliced chorizo to make a layer across the dish
- 1 clove garlic
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 350 ml cream
- 200 ml milk
- salt and pepper
- Put the milk, cream, garlic and nutmeg in a large stainless steel pot and bring to the boil.
- Thinly slice the potato and sweet potato on a mandolin or with a very sharp knife and add to the milk and cream mixture. Season.
- Cook on a gentle heat until the potatoes are nearly cooked. Season.
- Place half of the potatoes into desired dish. Add a layer of sliced chorizo. Top with the remaining potato.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 15 – 20 minutes until fully cooked. Serve with baby spinach salad and crusty bread.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show
- Bacon, onion, potato and sour cream tart/pizza