An indulgent dessert - and you deserve it.
- 120 g quality chocolate, preferably dark
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml yoghurt (or cream)
- 3 egg yolks
- 30 g sugar
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- Begin by melting the chocolate in a 'bain-marie'. Fill a large recipient with water, place on the heat and put a saucepan containing the chocolate in this water and allow to melt.
- When melted and smooth, place the saucepan on a very low heat and stir in the milk. If too thick add a little more.
- Meanwhile whisk the egg yolks with the sugar. Pour the warm chocolate mix on top of this and mix in until smooth.
- Stir in the yoghurt mix (this is not traditional, cream can be used instead). At this point the chocolate mix could be flavoured further if desired -such as with a tablespoon of Grand Marnier, for example.
- Finally stir in the olive oil, then transfer to small ramekins. Allow to cool before placing in the fridge for at least an hour.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes