Oliver Kelleher serves up a traditional apple crumble.
- 2 large granny smith apple
- 4 oz bread crumbs
- 1 oz butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 oz sugar
- 2 oz brown sugar
- 2 oz porridge oats
- 1 orange (rind and juice)
- for the decoration:
- 3 oz sugar
- 3 oz glucose
- green food colouring
- red food colouring
- 1mm thick sliced pineapple roasted
- 3 oz ice cream
- 2 oz whipped cream
- Gently boil diced apple in small saucepan with a little water. Add cinnamon and white sugar. Pour into 3” ramekin dish.
- For the crumble:
- Mix breadcrumbs, porridge Oats, brown sugar, butter, orange rind and juice slowly in a blender. Remove and break up with your fingers. Sprinkle over apple mix. Bake for 15 minutes in hot oven.
- For the decoration:
- Place equal amounts of sugar in two oven proof ramekin dishes. Add red colour to one and green colour to the other. Heat in oven until sticky.
- Remove with an oven cloth. With two fingers draw up string of the mix and hold. The mix solidifies, snap off the desired length. Repeat the process with each colour sticking them together to form the Green and Red of Mayo.
- Place on greaseproof paper. Insert onto ice cream on top of the crumble along side roast pineapple slice.
More by Oliver Kelleher:
- Pan Fried Boxty with Kelly's Black Pudding, Crisp Salad Leaves & Apple Vinaigrette
- Oven baked chicken breast wrapped in bacon
- Traditional Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas & Tartar Sauce