You know if Dr Eva is behind it, that this is going to be a healthy option plus it looks delicious and filling.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150 g turkey breast
- 100 g frozen king prawns cooked and peeled
- 100 g carrot (cut in strips)
- 150 g white cabbage
- 50 g onion (approx.½ small onion)
- 100 g mushrooms cut thinly
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ tsp of medium curry powder
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- ¼ cube of vegetable stock melted in hot water from kettle
- fresh coriander
- Peel carrots and onion. Cut carrots in strips, and onion, cabbage and mushrooms into slices.
- Cut turkey into small pieces with sharp kitchen scissors or knife.
- Add 5ml of oil to the wok. When oil is hot add vegetables (carrots and cabbage first) stirring frequently.
- After a few minutes add onion and mushrooms.
- Add spices (curry powder, soy sauce, cinnamon stick and star anise) and then add turkey.
- Pour vegetable stock in when the ingredients start sticking to the wok.
- Put the lid on and leave the vegetables and the turkey to simmer for few minutes until vegetables are "al dente".
- For the last few minutes add the cooked prawns (A frozen variety is easiest to use).
- Serve with fresh coriander sprinkled over the top.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad