Chorizo is one of my favourite ingredients to use, it provides really delicious smoky flavours and, when fried, renders the most amazing red oil. One of the first few times I visited London, I got myself down to world-famous Borough market where you can p
- 1 garlic clove peeled and finely chopped
- ½ lemon (juice)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 200 g good-quality chorizo sausage, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced in half moons
- 40 g fresh flat leaf parsley leaves
- 110 g rocket leaves
- crusty bread, to serve
- Whisk the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil and a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Fry the chorizo slices in a large frying pan over a high heat on both sides until sizzling, crispy and red. Allow the chorizo to cool slightly in the pan for about 2-3 minutes, then add to the bowl together with the red onion, parsley and rocket and toss to combine.
- Serve straightaway with some crusty bread.
This recipe and many more are available in Donal's book, Kitchen Hero, published by Harper Collins.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Caramelised Banana American Pancakes
- Carrot and Courgette Cake with Rosemary and Orange Crème Fraîche
- Beer Batter Fish Tacos with Cherry Tomato Salsa