A dessert that deserves a messy face!
- 2 punnets of blackberries
- 2 tblsp brown sugar
- 50 g butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 glass crème de cassis
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- 1 glass of marsalla or sweet sherry
- Put a pot of water on, bring to boil and turn down to simmer.
- Get a bowl that will fit over top of pot and add yolks, caster sugar and wine.
- Whisk until it's light, pale, fluffy and the mix holds a figure of eight. (Be careful not to scramble).
- In a separate pot, add sugar and butter and melt together.
- Then add crème de cassis and vanilla pod and whisk all together.
- Add blackberries and cook until liquid just comes to boil.
- Add blackberries in a dish. Spoon over Sabayon and then gratinate under grill until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.