A delicious recipe from Kevin Dundon for basil pesto.
- 30 g fresh basil leaves
- 15 g grated parmesan
- ½ lemon (juice)
- 1 dessertspoo of pine nuts (toasted or un-toasted)
- 100 ml (to 150) olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor or puree with a hand blender until they are smooth. The basil pesto will last in your fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Although it will darken slightly in colour it will still be delicious as the flavours will just be more mature.
- If you are unsure what you intend to use the pesto for, make it a little thicker and add extra oil as is required.