People panic a little bit about the measurements for cocktails, but it really is a case of making them to taste and remembering simple rules like one part alcohol to three part mixer for each person. Then just add the flavours! Get your hands on some fr
- 4 (or 5) fresh mint sprigs
- 60 g caster sugar
- 500 ml soda water
- 300 ml white rum
- 3 limes (juice)
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- In a large pitcher or jug, mash the mint and sugar roughly together with the end of a rolling pin
- Fill the pitcher with ice cubes and pour over the soda water, rum and lime juice. Stir, pour and enjoy!
This recipe and many more are available in Donal's book, Kitchen Hero, published by Harper Collins.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Donal Skehan's Creme Brulee Doughnuts
- Butterscotch Pudding: One for the grown ups!
- Treacle Beef Ribs, Cheesy Polenta: Donal Skehan