A great one pot meal.
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 1 red chilli deseeded and minced
- unrefined sunflower oil
- 450 g tin plum tomatoes (roughly chopped with some of the juice - only half will be used)
- 500 ml sugar free pineapple juice (or exotic juice drink)
- 200 g carrots (halved and sliced into 5 cm/2in pieces)
- 200 g pumpkin or butternut squash (diced into 5 cm/2in pieces)
- 100 g turnip (diced into 5cm/2in pieces)
- natural sea salt
- 100 g parsnip (peeled, halved and slice into 5cm/2in pieces)
- 200 g sweet potato, diced into 5 cm (2in) pieces
- ½ packet of creamed coconut
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh coriander
- Saute the onion in a little sunflower oil on a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the mustard seeds and allow to pop for 2 minutes, and add the chilli and sauté for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes, pineapple juice, carrots, turnip, a pinch of salt and 115ml of water.
- Bring to a boil. Lower the heat, place a lid on top and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin, parsnip and sweet potato.
- Replace the lid and continue to simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through but not mushy.
- Chop up the creamed coconut and add to the pot along with the fresh coriander. Season well.
- Tip: This dish freezes well!
More by Lorraine Fitzmaurice:
- Red Cabbage, Apple: St Patrick's Day Alternative
- Vegetable and Tofu Kebabs with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Muffuletta Sandwich