A healthy dish to kick-start the new year, from Dr Eva Orsmond
- 120 g courgette
- 100 g mushrooms
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- 1 tomato (cut in quarters)
- sprinkle with seasoned sea salt
- 50 g couscous
- 30 g dried apricots
- 4 (or 5) mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 preserved lemon (optional)
- ½ tsp mustard
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- 15 ml olive oil
- Wash the vegetables and then slice the courgettes thinly with the help of a slicer, or thinly sliced with a knife. Do the same with the peppers and mushrooms and cut the tomato in quarters.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Place vegetables on the tray and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast in 200°C oven for 7-10 mins depending on your oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous as directed in the packet and chop the dried apricots and preserved lemon into very small cubes.
- When vegetables are ready, mix together in a bowl with the couscous, the apricots, mint, and preserved lemon.
- In a bowl prepare your French dressing by mixing together the mustard, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle and toss the vegetable and couscous mixture in the dressing and serve immediately.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Tuna Steak with Fennel in Milk: Op Trans Recipe
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers