Serve with a nice salad.
- 8 mackerel fillets (pinboned)
- 1 punnet black berries (cut in half)
- 2 tblsp curry powder (or spices of your choice)
- 4 tblsp crème fraiche
- ½ orange (juice and rind)
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tblsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tblsp chopped chives
- Coat the mackerel fillets with the spices - not on the skin, just the flesh.
- Heat a non stick pan, add a little oil and place mackerel skin side down.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until skin is crispy. Turn fish and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, then remove.
- Add wine vinegar and sugar into a sauce pot, heat until sugar is dissolved. Add blackberries, cook for 2 to 3 minutes then add olive oil. Mix crème fraiche, orange juice, rind and chives. Season with salt and pepper and serve with a nice salad.