A delicious fish dish from Dr Eva Orsmond.
- 200 g fresh cod or hake
- 5 ml olive oil
- 100 g mushrooms (finely sliced)
- 150 g carrots (chopped)
- 150 g broccoli (chopped)
- ½ onion (finely sliced)
- 30 g low fat soft cheese
- 50 ml low fat milk
- 5 ml soy sauce (plus another 5 ml to serve)
- Boil water in a saucepan with a steamer and place the fish in the steamer to cook for 12 minutes.
- Place the carrots and broccoli in the boiling water under the steamer with the fish to cook.
- While the fish and vegetables are cooking heat the oil in a wok or non-stick pan. Add the onion and sliced mushrooms to the wok and a little hot water if needed.
- Stir in the soy sauce, the low fat soft cheese and the milk. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for a few minutes.
- To serve, put the cooked fish and vegetables on your plate sprinkle over a little soy sauce (5ml) and then spoon your mushroom sauce on the side.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad