Making your own soup is not as hard as you might think.
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- ½ green cabbage
- 1 leek (trimmed and sliced)
- 2 potatoes (diced)
- 8 ripe plum tomatoes
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 1 l kitchen garden stock or water
- salt and pepper
- fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onions, cabbage, leeks and potatoes, stirring to combine. Cover with a lid and sweat over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan, season to taste and allow to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the wine and allow to reduce by half, then add the stock or water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce that heat and leave to simmer for 15 minutes until all of the vegetables are completely tender and the liquid has slightly reduced and thickened. Season to taste.
- To Serve: Ladle the soup into warmed serving bowls and garnish with the parsley.