Entertain four guests for under 10 euro with this budget-friendly starter.
- 1 small bag of frozen peas
- 2 streaky bacon (slices)
- 100 ml cream
- 100 g potato (mashed)
- 1 egg
- 25 g flour
- dried mint
- chicken bouillon
- Put peas into a small pot with a pinch of salt/ sugar.
- Just cover the peas with cold water and add a splash of cream.
- Bring to the boil as quick as possible when it reaches the boil blend in liquidiser until smooth.
- For the gnocchi, cut one slice of bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy.
- Put the potato, flour, egg and bacon into a bowl with a little seasoning and mix vegetable until it becomes a soft dough.
- Roll with your hands into a long tube and cut into one inch pieces.
- Put into boiling salted water, when the gnocchi floats remove from the water and place into an ice bath.
- For the mint Chantilly, lightly whip some cream and add a spoon of dried mint, season and leave in the fridge until required.
- To serve, place 5/6 pieces of gnocchi in each bowl, cover with hot soup and spoon in some mint Chantilly.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Crêpe Souffle with Chocolate & Cranberry
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote