This soups is made with simple, fresh ingredients.
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- tub of fromage frais
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Chop the onion finely and crush and chop the garlic. Chop the parsley very finely.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and soften the onion and garlic in it for around 7-8 minutes.
- Add all the tin of tomatoes, plus juice and the stock. Allow to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Season according to taste. Add most of the parsley.
- When ready to serve add a squeeze of lemon and stir in: ladle to soup into bowls, place a dollop of fromage frais in the middle and sprinkle it with parlsey.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes