A delicious toffee apple fool with shortbread.
- for the toffee apple fool:
- 2 large cooking apples
- 3 oz brown sugar
- 3 oz butter
- 1 large carton of cream
- ingredients for cinnamon shortbread:
- 2 oz castor sugar
- 4 oz butter (softened)
- 6 oz plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Peel and chop apples. Melt butter in saucepan and add sugar and apples. Cook until soft and leave to cool. Mash mixture roughly with masher or fork. Mix with whipped cream to make nice even consistency. Pour into fancy glasses and chill in fridge.
- To make the cinnamon shortbread, mix the butter and sugar together making sure they are well combined, add sieved flour and cinnamon gradually until you have a light soft consistency. Knead it lightly and cover in cling film and put into fridge for about half an hour.
- Roll out into small shapes and put on parchment paper on baking tray and cook at 180c for about 10 or 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them do not over cook as they will be bitter.
- Serve three or four with each glass of fool. You can crush one biscuit and crumble it on top of fool before serving.
More by Margaret Campbell:
- Parmesan Chicken with Tomato sauce and Rustic Potatoes, Green Salad Leaves with Walnut dressing
- Cauliflower soup with Blue Crozier Cheese