A quick and easy recipe from Aldi's Garth McColgan.
- 1 pack lemon couscous (cooked as per pack instructions)
- 200 ml boiling water
- 4 chicken fillets (cut across width-wise)
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 pack dried mango
- 1 tea bag
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (roughly chopped)
- 8 lettuce leaves (shredded)
- 1 pack mediterranean wraps
- Put mangos in a bowl; add the tea bag, soy sauce and boiling water. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bag and put mangoes, plus the liquid, into a baking dish. Add onions, garlic, vinegar, sugar and salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C until the mango mix has a nice glaze. Keep warm.
- Beat the egg lightly in a bowl. Put the flour on one plate and some of the cooked couscous on another.
- Dredge the chicken first in the flour, then the egg, and finally the couscous.
- Fry gently in hot oil for 5 minutes on each side until coloured. Turn down the heat and cook for a further 5 minutes on each side until cooked.
- Serve the chicken sliced on a warmed Mediterranean wrap with some of the shredded lettuce. Top with the mango sauce.
Created by Garth McColgan for Aldi.
More by Garth McColgan:
- Latino Chilli Wraps with Guacamole
- Easter Cupcake Delights
- Irish Angus Burgers with Red Onion Marmalade