A hearty starter that won't cost the earth.
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled and mashed)
- 1 egg
- 150 g grated cheddar cheese (or your preferred cheese of choice)
- chopped parsley
- Peel, cook and mash the potatoes.
- Add in the grated cheese, chopped parsley and seasoning.
- Mix all the above ingredients using the egg to bind them all together.
- Shape into desired shapes (either the traditional cylindrical shape or use a potato scoop to get a dome shape).
- Refrigerate (or preferably freeze) for up to an hour - this makes them easier to handle and to coat with the additional ingredients.
- Pass each croquette through a mixture of seasoned flour, then egg wash and finally breadcrumbs until fully coated.
- Deep fry the croquettes in hot oil for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and piping hot.
- Serve with Garlic mayonnaise.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops