To serve, place the dressed leaves on your plate, then arrange two of the black pudding discs on top before each slice is topped with a scallop.
- 8 hand-dived large scallops (roe removed, cleaned)
- 8 slices of black pudding (sliced into 1cm discs)
- 150 g fresh rocket leaves
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tblsp (or 3) tbspn olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the Black Pudding: In a small frying pan, fry off the black pudding until it is crisp on either side. Set aside and keep warm.
- For the Scallops: Season the scallops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan heat a tablespoon of the oil. Lay the scallops on the pan to fry for 50 seconds on each side and lightly golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- For the Dressing: Deglaze the pan used for the scallops with the red wine vinegar and mustard and olive oil and warm through for a minute or two before seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the rocket in a bowl before tossing together with the rocket until lightly dressed.