Pan Seared Scallops with Black Pudding and Dressed Rocket Leaves
To serve, place the dressed leaves on your plate, then arrange two of the black pudding discs on top before each slice is topped with a scallop.
- 8 hand-dived large scallops (roe removed, cleaned)
- 8 slices of black pudding (sliced into 1cm discs)
- 150 g fresh rocket leaves
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tblsp (or 3) tbspn olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the Black Pudding: In a small frying pan, fry off the black pudding until it is crisp on either side. Set aside and keep warm.
- For the Scallops: Season the scallops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan heat a tablespoon of the oil. Lay the scallops on the pan to fry for 50 seconds on each side and lightly golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- For the Dressing: Deglaze the pan used for the scallops with the red wine vinegar and mustard and olive oil and warm through for a minute or two before seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the rocket in a bowl before tossing together with the rocket until lightly dressed.