- 4 steaks of john dory (about 2.5cm/1 inch thick)
- 3 tblsp flour
- 50 g butter
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tblsp each of parsley, fennel, tarragon, basil
- 150 ml dry cider
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tblsp double cream
- Skin the steaks and roll them in the flour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan and fry the steaks until they are brown.
- Add the herbs, lemon juice and cider and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Take the steaks out of the pan and lay them on a platter.
- Season the sauce in the pan and then add the cream, cook for another minute until you have a smooth sauce then pour it over the fish.