- 4 pork chops
- 1 small pack of prunes
- 3 bacon slices
- 2 carrots
- 100 g butter
- 2 parsnips
- 10 g sugar
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1 tblsp mustard or wholegrain mustard
- 1 tblsp dried thyme
- 100 ml gravy
- Wrap the prunes in bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place them under grill and brown the bacon on all sides.
- Cut the carrots/parsnips into 4 pieces lengthways and fry in frying pan until golden all around.
- When golden put into a hot oven and cook through. When cooked remove the frying pan from the oven and add the dried thyme, butter and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Place pan back onto the stove until the sugar starts to caramelise. When caramelised, strain off all the excess for and deglaze the pan with a little chicken stock.
- Make the gravy as instructed on the packet and add one tablespoon of mustard, preferably wholegrain.
- For the pork, heat up a large frying pan.
- When really hot season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add little oil to the pan and fry on and high heat for 2/3 minutes either side, ensuring to brown each side when cooked allow to rest on a wire rack for at least five minutes before serving.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say