- For the perfect roast potato you need to buy the correct potatoes, I always use Maris Pipers.
- Cut the potatoes into evenly sized pieces and boil in salted water for 5mins.
- Strain all the water off the potatoes and gently shake the pot to ruffle the sides of the potatoes.
- Pour onto a tray and allow to cool for 30mins.
- Put the tray into the fridge uncovered and leave until the next day so the outside becomes dry and starts to crack.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C.
- Put your potatoes onto the baking tray and add plenty of melted duck fat. Season and toss the potatoes so they are all covered in fat.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove from the oven and add 1 bulb of garlic cut in half, the cut side facing down. Add the thyme or rosemary sprigs whichever you prefer.
- Toss the potatoes again and return to the oven for a further 30-40 minutes spooning the fat over every 10-15 mins until golden and crisp.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say