- 1 tblsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped finely)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped finely)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped finely)
- 1 courgette (chopped finely)
- 1 can dried chickpeas
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 100 g orzo
- 2 pint stock
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add oil, onion and garlic and sauté a few minutes until tender.
- Add carrot, celery, zucchini and continue sautéing until vegetables are mostly tender.
- Add the in the stock and chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and add in the dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add orzo and continue to simmer until orzo is fully cooked and tender, about 10 minutes.