- 60 g goats cheese (crottin de chevre x4)
- 2 butternut squash
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml milk
- 50 g plain flour
- 60 g parmesan (grated)
- 50 g chives and parsley (chopped)
- 6 sage leaves (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp thyme (chopped)
- To prepare the goats cheese: Mix together the bread crumbs, herbs and parmesan. Beat the egg and milk together.
- Slice by slice, place goats cheese in the flour, then egg wash. Coat lightly with herb and parmesan mix. Set aside until required.
- For the butternut squash: Cut the squash in half and de-seed. Cut into thin strips. Using a round cutter, cut out four circles of squash (slightly larger than the goats cheese circles). Sprinkle with honey, thyme, sage and sea salt. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until soft, retain contents of baking tray to dress the goats cheese.
- To cook the goats cheese: On a hot pan, fry the coated goat cheese until golden brown.
- To assemble: On each of four plates, place a circle of butternut squash, ontop place a round of goats cheese, using the remaining honey from the tray drizzle over the goats cheese.