- 150 g good-quality dark chocolate (chopped)
- 100 g good quality white chocolate (chopped)
- 3 medium eggs (separated)
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- 8 tblsp pistachio nuts (crushed)
- 1 small red chilli (deseeded and finely sliced)
- 2 tblsp grand marnier
- 250 ml double cream (softly whipped)
- Melt all the chocolate together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, ensuring that the base of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Set aside to cool, but not to harden.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a large bowl until thick.
- Whisk the egg whites in another large bowl, until stiff.
- Use a metal spoon to fold the chocolate into the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the pistachios, chilli and Grand Marnier.
- Mix well and fold in the whipped cream.
- Lastly, gently fold in the egg whites, mixing the ingredients together.
- Pour into four dessert glasses, cover with clingfilm and chill for at least three hours until set.
- Decorate with crushed pistachios to serve.