A great tasty snack.
- 4 tblsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tblsp vinegar
- 12 slices "vienna roll" bread, cut 1cm/.5inch thick
- 2 tblsp grated cheddar cheese
- Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a pan and fry the onion and two cloves of garlic until tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes and herbs and season to taste.
- Stir and heat thoroughly.
- Take it off the heat and add the vinegar.
- Toast the bread on both sides, then rub one side with cut garlic.
- Drizzle the remaining oil evenly over the bread pieces.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the hot toast and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Stick it under the grill for 30 seconds and serve it straight away.
- If you like mushrooms, try this succulent snack recipe for Garlic Mushrooms, with a difference!