Michael Healy-Rae serves up red mullet and prawns in a delicious white wine sauce.
- 8 red mullet fillets
- 4 sprigs of dill
- 8 long chives
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 1 oz butter
- 16 prawns
- for the white wine sauce:
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 1 tbslp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped dill
- 3 floz white wine
- 1 floz cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lay 4 fillets of red mullet on a chopping board. Place a piece of dill on each fillet, then season and lay another fillet flat on top.
- Tie the fillets together with two long pieces of chive. Brush with olive oil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC/Gas 4 for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile wilt the spinach in a little butter, season and keep warm. Cook the prawns in a saucepan with a little butter.
- To make the sauce, sweat the onions & garlic in a little oil & add the dill wine. Reduce by two thirds and add the cream.
- To serve, place the spinach on a plate then place the fish on top. Sprinkle the dish with some prawns and drizzle with the white wine sauce. Serve with new potatoes.