Fish and chips served with mushy peas!
- 12 oz fresh cod
- 10 oz rooster potatoes
- flour seasoned
- for the batter
- 4 oz flour
- 2 oz corn flour
- 2 floz soda water
- salt to taste
- for the tartar sauce:
- 4 oz mayonnaise
- 2 oz capers
- 2 oz gerkins
- chop gerkins and capers, mix well through mayonnaise.
- Cut Potatoes into wedges leaving the skin on them. Place the chipped potatoes in hot oil.
- Cut down heat to 180°c and fry until golden brown. Check if chips are cooked by squeezing one of the chips. If it mashes in your fingers, there cooked. It takes approx 10mins.
- Dip the washed and dried cod into seasonal flour and drop into Batter mix. Ease gently into hot oil in a deep saucepan or deep fat fryer for approx 5/6minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with Mushy Peas in small ramekin with Tartar sauce in a small bowl and a wedge of lemon.
- It would be advised to cook chips first as they are easy to keep hot and cod will be cooked in half the time.
More by Oliver Kelleher:
- Pan Fried Boxty with Kelly's Black Pudding, Crisp Salad Leaves & Apple Vinaigrette
- Oven baked chicken breast wrapped in bacon
- Warm Apple Crumble with Vanilla Pod Ice Cream & Baked Pineapple Crisps