A healthy pasta dish from Dr Eva Orsmond.
- 250 g fresh spinach
- 150 g broccoli, chopped
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 75 g (dry weight) penne pasta or your preferred pasta
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 15 ml soy sauce
- black pepper
- shavings of parmesan cheese
- Bring water to the boil in a pot and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Be careful not to over cook as it should be "al dente".
- If you have a steamer, place it over the boiling pasta, and place the broccoli and spinach in to cook in the steam for 5 minutes. Otherwise, boil some water in a pot and add the vegetable stock cube and place the washed spinach and broccoli into it and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain and place in your serving bowl.
- Strain the cooked spinach and broccoli and place in a separate bowl.
- Mix together the spinach, broccoli, ricotta cheese and soy sauce with a fork, and for spinach leaves break them in smaller pieces with kitchen scissors.
- Place the mix over your pasta in your serving dish. Sprinkle a few shavings of parmesan cheese and black pepper and serve.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Tuna Steak with Fennel in Milk: Op Trans Recipe
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers