A healthy alternative to takeaways, with all the taste!
- 1 tblsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh root ginger
- 1 or 2 tsp thai red curry paste
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 25 g desiccated coconut
- 1 tblsp low fat greek yoghurt
- 400 g raw frozen prawns
- coriander (chopped, to serve)
- 120 g raw basmati or wild rice
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add in the onion and ginger, then cook for a few mins until softened.
- Stir in the curry paste, then cook for 1 min more.
- Pour over the chopped tomatoes and coconut.
- Bring to the boil, then leave to simmer for 5 mins, adding a little boiling water if the mixture gets too thick.
- Add the yoghurt at the end of cooking. Meanwhile, boil the rice.
- Add in the prawns, then cook for 5-10 mins more, depending on how large they are. Use cooked, if preferred, which shortens the overall cooking time.
- Serve alongside some rice and sprinkle with a little chopped coriander, if you like.