Quick and easy without sacrificing on taste!
- 20 stalks of fresh green asparagus
- 2 tblsp or so of olive oil for roasting
- 200 ml freshly squeezed blood orange (or ordinary orange) juice
- 3 tblsp (or four) olive oil for the vinaigrette
- fleur de sel or good sea salt
- freshly ground white pepper
- Heat the oven to 200° (180° fan).
- Cut the woody stems from the asparagus and line them up on the baking sheet or in the dish. Sprinkle the olive oil over them, add a little salt and pop in the oven for about 15 minutes until the tips are crispy.
- Simmer the orange juice for about 5 minutes to reduce it and intensify its taste. Take it off the heat and let it cool. Whisk the orange juice into the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and serve on the side with the warm asparagus.
More by Trish Deseine:
- Black Pudding & Apple Tart: Trish Deseine, Today
- Recipe: Trish Deseine, Durrus Tartiflette, Today
- Moroccan Lamb