Prepare a fine party, dessert or snack, the perfect nibble when entertaining guests.
- 6 large plum tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large ripe figs
- 200 g soft cheese
- 5 tblsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 12 slices parma ham
- 4 tblsp runny honey
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place on a baking tray, skin-side down. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and grill for about 10 minutes until softened. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut the figs in half, discarding the skin.
- Mix the soft cheese with the chives and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay a slice of ham lengthways on a chopping board. Place a fig half on one end. Drop a teaspoon of the soft cheese mixture on top of the fig, then place a tomato half on top of the cheese. Carefully roll up the ham to enclose the fig, cheese and tomato.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 12 parcels. To serve, allow three parcels per portion. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and honey and enjoy with some toasted bread.
More by Gino D'Acampo:
- Italian Shepherd's Pie
- White Chocolate Mousse with Black Pepper and Fresh Mint
- Chicken with Martini Sauce