The perfect weekday meal.
- 4 handfuls of fresh penne or farfalle
- 6 (or 8) fresh green asparagus
- 3 tblsp fresh green peas
- a handful of mange-tout, rinsed
- a handful of green beans, rinsed
- freshly grated parmesan
- salt, black pepper
- Bring two saucepans of water to the boil. Cook the vegetables. The asparagus and green beans go in first for about 10 minutes (they should stay nice and crunchy), then the mange-tout and the peas for another couple of minutes.
- At the same time as the peas and mange-tout, throw the fresh pasta into the other pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Drain the vegetables, then the pasta and toss them all together with butter, grated parmesan, salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh herbs if you can get your hands on them.
More by Trish Deseine:
- Recipe: Trish Deseine, Durrus Tartiflette, Today
- Moroccan Lamb
- Apple Compote with Crème Anglaise and Burned Butter Sauce