- 4 whole dover sole (skinned and trimmed)
- 20 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 700 g rooster potato (peeled)
- 100 g butter
- 100 g basil (shredded)
- shrimp dressing
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 200 g cooked peeled baby shrimp
- 1 shallot (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 large tomatoes (skinned, de-seeded and chopped)
- 50 ml white wine
- 1 tbsp, chopped basil
- Put the potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until they are tender. Then mash thoroughly. Beat in the butter and the basil and season well with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- For the dressing, heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped shallot and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and wine and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for one minute. Stir in the shrimp and season the sauce, then cook out for about 5 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Season the fish and fry in the olive oil in a hot pan for 8-10 minutes, turning half way through cooking time. Remove from the pan.
- Place some basil mash in the centre of a place and lay the fish on top. Drizzle with shrimp dressing and serve immediately.