- 2.50 kg sugar
- 3 kg apricots
- 3 (or 4) vanilla pods, sliced
- 1 lemon
- Put the apricots into a pot and add the sugar. Mix the sugar evenly through the fruit and then chop up the vanilla pods (there is no need to scrape out the seeds) and drop them into the mixture.
- Then add the juice of the lemon, mix well and leave to stand overnight for the flavours to infuse.
- Next day, place the pot of ingredients on the heat, bring it to the boil and let it all cook for four or five minutes, stirring the jam from time to time as it simmers.
- When the fruit is soft and starts to look a bit like jam, test it to see if it will set or not. Put a little bit of the fruit and some of the juice onto a saucer and place in the fridge. After a couple of minutes remove the saucer from the fridge and push the syrup gently with the tip of your finger.If the syrup wrinkles, then the jam is cooked.
- You then put the jam into jam jars, fill them to the top and put the lid on.
- Here's a tip for you, turn them upside down so any bit of air that is caught between the lid and the jam will rise up through the jam.