- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, cut into ¼cm slivers
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500 g fresh fettucine
- 1 packet parmesan cheese
- To make the roasted tomato dressing, put into an oven dish the fresh thyme, balsamic vinegar, cherry tomatoes, brown sugar, extra virgin olive oil and garlic slivers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Oven cook at 200°C for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as per pack instructions. Strain the pasta and toss in roasted tomato dressing.
- Top with parmesan shavings and serve, with a few grinds of black pepper to taste.
- Chef's Tip: Northern Italians often substitute butter for the olive oil, which gives the dressing a richer texture - well worth a try!
- To bring classic Italian colour to the table, serve this dish with salad leaves (simply dressed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil) and warm, crusty bread.