- 6 large plum tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large ripe figs
- 200 g soft cheese
- 5 tblsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 12 slices parma ham
- 4 tblsp runny honey
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place on a baking tray, skin-side down. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and grill for about 10 minutes until softened. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut the figs in half, discarding the skin.
- Mix the soft cheese with the chives and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay a slice of ham lengthways on a chopping board. Place a fig half on one end. Drop a teaspoon of the soft cheese mixture on top of the fig, then place a tomato half on top of the cheese. Carefully roll up the ham to enclose the fig, cheese and tomato.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 12 parcels. To serve, allow three parcels per portion. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and honey and enjoy with some toasted bread.