- shop bought pre-rolled puff pastry
- red apples (half an apple per portion)
- icing sugar
- 50 g chopped pecans
- 40 g castor sugar
- 100 ml water
- 200 ml cream
- drizzle of maple syrup
- Unwrap the pastry and roll out on a chopping board. Cut into 10cm x 5cm rectangles. Prick the centre of the pastry, leaving a 1cm border around the edges unpricked.
- Cut the apple in half and remove the core. Thinly slice the apple and spread out over the surface of the pastry. Dust liberally with icing sugar.
- Bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is crisp and caramelised.
- Toast the pecans in a dry non-stick pan and transfer to a bowl.
- Place a thin layer of caster sugar in the pan and allow caramelising on a medium heat. Add a little water and dissolve the caramel. Return the pecans to the pan with the caramel syrup. Add cream and maple syrup. Bring to the boil then allow to cool slightly before serving.