- 1 pack wild pink salmon (frozen)
- 1 pack chinese medium noodles
- 4 tblsp pesto
- 100 ml cream
- 50 ml white wine
- 2 carrots (finely sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely sliced)
- 4 shallots (finely sliced)
- a few fresh basil leaves
- Cook the noodles, according to the pack instructions, and chill under cold, running water.
- Lay the carrots, garlic and shallots on the bottom of a baking dish and pour on the cream and white wine. Season with a little salt.
- Lay the noodles on top of the vegetables and top with the four salmon fillets. Smear 1tbs of pesto on each piece of salmon; cover the dish with tinfoil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 40 minutes.
- To serve, simply scatter some basil leaves on top.
- Chef’s Tip: When you’re buying shallots, make sure they’re firm and heavy with a dry wispy skin. If you store them in a cool, dark and dry place, they should keep for a couple of months. However, it all depends upon how much moisture is contained in the onion – the dryer and harder the onion, the longer it will last.