- 20 g blackberries
- 5 ml juice
- 15 g caster sugar
- 2 basil leaves
- 50 g self raising flour
- 50 g butter
- 50 g caster sugar
- zest small orange
- 1 egg
- teaspoon whiskey
- 1 ½ tablespoons golden syrup
- tea spoon toasted hazelnuts chopped
- sugar chards - 25 g caster sugar
- ice –cream
- honey 2 tablespoons
- 1.50 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tblsp preserved lemons
- Butter dariole mould and add 1½ tablespoons of golden syrup.
- add sponge mix- 50g butter, 50g self raising flour, 50g caster sugar,
- Zest 1 small orange add a pinch of salt and one egg, combine all ingredients.
- Add mixture to dariole mould till ¾ full cover top with tin foil.
- Cook for 17 minutes at 190°C.
- Turn out on plate, drizzle with whiskey and sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top.
- Ice-cream – As per base recipe for Murphy’s Ice Cream Challenge with the addition of 1 ½ tablespoons of lemon essence and 2 tablespoons of chopped preserved lemons and 2 tablespoons runny honey.
- Serve scoop on side.
- Heat blackberries with tablespoon water, caster sugar, lime juice and allow juice to be released.
- Strain and sprinkle with chopped basil.
- Pour around treacle pudding and garnish with a few halved blackberries.
- Heat caster sugar in pan till golden, cool on parchment and break into chards for garnish.