- 500 ml water
- 310 g caster sugar
- 1 tblsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 5 leaves of basil chopped
- 100 g plain flour
- 60 g butter (cold and cubed)
- 20 g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 eggs
- 60 g caster sugar
- 2.50 passion fruits juiced
- 0.50 a lemon zest and juice
- 80 ml double cream
- 4 raspberries
- 2 tblsp melted dark chocolate
- 0.50 tsp chinese spices
- 0.50 tsp chopped pistachios
- small knob butter
- bee pollen granules
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- First make sorbet as it takes a long time to set.
- Put water and sugar into saucepan and leave for 5 minutes to dissolve.
- Then put on medium heat and turn into syrup. Place in freezer till 5°C. Then pour into ice-cream. Churn and pour in juice and zest of limes and basil chopped.
- Turn on and when made freeze for serving.
- Sieve flour and sugar into bowl. Rub in butter and bring together with one egg yolk.
- Wrap in cling film and place in fridge for 20 minutes. Meanwhile butter the tart tins, roll out pastry (when ready) to 3mm deep and line tins with pastry.
- Cover with greaseproof and baking beans. Blind bake for 25 minutes. Remove greaseproof and baking beans and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Then take out and cool a little.
- Turn down oven to 120°C.
- In mixer place 2 egg and sugar- mix for approx. 8 minutes till light and frothy. Add zest and juice from lemon and passion fruit. Mix for 5 minutes and then add double cream and mix for 5 minutes.
- Pour into tart cases and put into oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out and cool.
- In a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water melt some 70% chocolate
- Add spices and butter.
- Roll raspberries in chocolate and when a little cool, sprinkle chopped pistachios over raspberries
- Scoop out a ball of sorbet and roll them in the bee pollen
- Arrange as desired and serve.