- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 dublin bay prawns
- small piece of ling
- small piece of gurnard
- parsley and fennel (2 small slices cut into small dice)
- 1 tblsp tomato puree
- 500 ml fish stock
- 1 l tomato skinned & deseeded
- 50 ml white wine
- Blitz 100g of plain flour, 2 eggs and a drizzle of olive oil in a food processor. Rest in fridge for 20 minutes.
For the prawn bisque
- Remove the heads, legs and shells from 3 Dublin bay prawns and put in a frying pan with a drop of olive oil. Fry these for 5 mins
- Add a tablespoon of tomato puree and 50 ml of white wine. Simmer for 5 mins. Heat 250ml of fish stock + add shells, simmer for 20 mins.
- Liquidise the shells/stock and pass through sieve/chinnois.
- Remove the skin from 1 large tomato and remove the seeds, dice the fresh tomato into small pieces.
- Take two small pieces of fennel, cut into slices then dice.
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil, gently fry the fennel for 3 mins.
- Take a small amount of fish-ling, gurnard
- Remove skin, cut into small pieces.
- Cut the Dublin bay prawn bodies into similar small pieces
- Remove the pasta from the fridge, roll thinly.
- Cut into strips, toss in a little plain flour to stop the strips from sticking
- Add the pasta to salted boiling water for 1 min.
- Remove and put to one side.
- Heat through the fish mixture for 4 mins in the bisque and add the pasta.
- Stir and serve.