- 1/4 head of cauliflower
- 175 ml full milk
- 30 g unsalted butter
- pinch sea salt
- juice of ½ lemon.
- 10 cooked crab toes
- 6 cooked king prawns
- 1 finely chopped scallion
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 chopped medium red chilli
- 1 teasp lemon zest
- juice of 1/3 lime
- 2 teasp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 generous knob of butter
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- 2 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp finely chopped red pepper
- 1/3 finely chopped red chilli
- 1 small thumb ginger finely grated
- 50 g plain flour
- 20 g cornflour
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp sea salt (crushed)
- 100 ml ice cold sparkling mineral water
- 2 ice cubes
Frying and garnish
- 250 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tblsp toasted almonds
- Start with cauliflower puree: Melt butter in saucepan, while waiting chop cauliflower.
- Add cauliflower into butter stir, turn down and cook for 3 / 4 minutes.
- Add salt milk and lemon juice, simmer for ten mins.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Very finely chop pepper and chilli for glaze, when sugar is dissolved add in chilli, pepper and grated ginger.
- Simmer gently for approx 10 mins. Switch off and add the three prawns, coat with glaze and leave in pan.
- While waiting make stuffing: Chop veg ,strip crab meat and 3 prawns (chop)( reserve a little crab for garnish)
- Switch off cauliflower, Blitz until smooth puree with hand held blender, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Adjust lemon seasoning if necessary
- Put olive oil and butter in small frying pan, when butter is melted add in chopped veg and sweat on low to med heat.
- Add lemon, lime, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Switch off heat and stir in seafood. Leave aside